Why the Coleman Road Trip Grill-Blue Is My Favorite Portable Grill
I think I have always loved the outdoors and anything that would let me be outside. I have great memories of hiking with my father when I was young. It wasn’t until I was married and had children that I started camping. I can remember when my children were young and we went car camping that we had a folding Coleman camp stove. It was great for light cooking but was limited for any big meal preparation.
Fortunately there’s a terrific alternative available for camping, picnicking or tail gate parties or just for grilling on your own deck. It’s the Coleman Road Trip Propane Grill Blue. This is a small, portable propane gas grill. Here’s why this grill is perfect for you and I recommend it for anyone looking for a portable grill.
This is a grill that has the versatility of a full size grill and the convenience of a portable one. It will go great on your deck, or fold up to fit in the cargo area of your vehicle. The Road Trip Grill is a collapsible propane grill that has mix and match cooking surfaces. It comes with cast aluminum griddle and a cast aluminum grill. Think eggs and sausages for breakfast!
It has 285 square inches of cooking surface and two fully adjustable burners that put out 20,000 BTUs of heat. The burners adjust separately, so that if you want a low temperature for the griddle and a high one for the grill, you can do that. These burners are so powerful that you can cook in high altitudes or in very windy conditions and you do not lose any heat. No more long waiting for water to boil to cook spaghetti.
The Road Trip Grill comes with a collapsible stand that folds down quickly and easily. It is very compact. The frame is 36″ high and the legs are adjustable Or you can just set the grill on the picnic table.
The grill has push button ignition which is great because you don’t have to deal with lighters or matches in windy weather. This a great feature because I once burned my hair lighting our old Coleman stove with a match. It also has storage hooks for utensils.
There are also two detachable side tables for extra space when you are cooking just like your larger, permanent grills. The Road Trip Grill has a drip pan underneath the grilling surface to catch any grease that drips down. Coleman recommends putting water in the drip pan to make for an easy cleanup. The water also reduces flare ups.
There is very easy clean up with the grill. Almost every surface is non stick coated. Just make sure not to clean with an abrasive cleaner, because it will scratch. The griddle, grill and drip pan can be cleaned right in your dishwasher.
Don’t forget to empty the drip pan frequently. Accumulated grease could catch on fire. Coleman also recommends not cooking with the lid down. The handle will melt if it is subjected to high heat for a prolonged period of time.
The Grill uses a disposable 16.4 oz. propane canister for fuel. These are very inexpensive and are available in sporting goods stores and the outdoor section of many retailers. If you want to hook it up to your RV tank or a 20 lb. tank at home, you will need to buy a high pressure hose and adapter.
This a great grill for people who have limited space. People who live in apartments or have small decks find that the Coleman Road Trip Grill is just the right size. It packs up so compactly that it’s easy to store in a small space. If you want it for camping or tailgating, it will fit in your RV, pickup or car.
A great many of the people who bought the grill also bought the carrying case. The Coleman Road Trip Accessory® Wheeled Carry Case is made of heavy duty nylon, like that of suitcases. It has wheels for easy transport and also web handles on each side for carrying by two people. It is roomy and the Road Trip Grill easily fits inside. There are straps on the inside that secure the grill in place and an inner pocket for accessories. There are also outer pockets for extra propane cans or accessory grates.
People who traveled with the grill found it almost indispensable. It made traveling and storage so much easier. It kept the car cleaner and if you put it on a roof rack, it kept the grill free from dust and bugs.
Many people decide to buy an extra griddle or grate to expand the cooking surface. If you have a large family or cook for groups, this is a good idea. You can also purchase a chrome plated stove grate which allows you to make coffee quickly. Who doesn’t enjoy a cup of coffee to get you going in the morning. If you want to use a frying pan or cook vegetables or pasta, a stove grate will come in handy.
What do the owners of the Road Trip Grill-Blue have to say?
The Coleman Road Trip Grill has a 4 1/2 star rating in Amazon. An amazing 106 people have written reviews. Here are what some of them have to say.
- I chose the Coleman because of it’s versatility. I purchased the optional carrying case, stove grate, and additional grill section to go along with the grill section and griddle section that came with the unit. It’s easy to light and stays lit on windy days. Cleanup is a breeze since almost every surface is porcelain enamel or non-stick coated. I use it almost exclusively for tailgating and get lots of questions about it at the stadium. One of the best purchases I have ever made.
- Used it first on a camping trip. Then, after we got back, cooked breakfast outdoors on a cold Wisconsin morning. This baby did what it’s supposed to, and I couldn’t be happier. I got an extra griddle surface and two stove grates, so keep that in mind.
- This is the perfect grill for someone who lives at an apartment complex and has limited porch/deck space and needs a good portable grill. I would HIGHLY recommend it.
- The grill lights with one push of the starter button and the controls are accurate. This grill puts out some serious BTU’s – no issues with heat, that’s for sure. The stove grate is a great accessory to have, as well as an extra grill grate. Both the grill and griddle’s non-stick surfaces are as good as our expensive cookware at home.
- A++ With-out a doubt the best portable grill ever.
- We just got back from our first camping trip with this baby. It was sweet when cooking breakfast, lunch or dinner. We only have one griddle and grill plate but are looking to get the other griddle and grill for large quantities. The size of this unit was perfect, it fits under our pop-ups table when traveling and we still have room for foldable chairs under there too. We bought the travel case and it was a breeze to carry.
This is just a sample of what people have to say about the Coleman Road Trip Grill. If you want to read more, just head on over to Amazon and read some more.
Where can I buy it?
Amazon almost always has the best prices and they offer free shipping for this Road Trip Grill. To learn more about the Coleman 9941-768 Road Trip Grill, visit here.
Enjoy your grill!